Brightwaters Pre-K School Readiness Program
BCC Pre-K School Readiness Program is designed to complement your child’s current prior-to-school learning.
Our program uses small steps to introduce your child to the routine of big school in a gentle, caring way. On each visit, your child will become part of the class group & participate in the varying facets of school life.
Speak with Michelle to arrange a 1:1 tour of our school to see the wonderful educational opportunities awaiting your child here on the Morisset peninsula.
The School Readiness Program will:
- Allow your child to have time to be BIG SCHOOL ready.
- Be age appropriate. Learning will be made in small steps, and nurture development.
- Identify your child’s learning strengths or areas where they need support
- Focus on the important gross motor and development of fine motor skills so vital in all areas of learning.
Your child will gradually develop BIG SCHOOL specific skills including:
- Meeting and building friendships. Knowing how to play and work well together is enhanced in playtime in the learning environment.
- Managing lunchboxes. Opening plastic wrapping, water bottles, knowing what is to be eaten when.
- Scissor and pencil skills. Handwriting has been shown to aid long term memory.
- Safe use of technology. How to access the internet and keeping passwords safe.
- Enjoying literature and linking their understanding with the characters or themes within the stories.
- Using maths in practical and fun ways. We love cooking and music and maths is very much part of these areas.
- Developing fundamental movement skills which are the building blocks of many sports.
- Enhancing their ability to communicate their needs with others, a willingness to take part in more complex or challenging activities.
What does it cost?
- There will be a fee ($150/term) for 2020. These fees are payable a term in advance. There are Processing Fees and Holding Deposits which will form part of the application process into Pre-Kinder.
- If your child starts part way through a term, then there will be a pro rata adjustment of the fee accordingly.